Are You Searching For a LASIK Surgeon In Aventura, Plantation, or Weston, South Florida?
One of the most popular ways to correct vision is with a procedure called LASIK (laser in-situ keratomileusis), which uses an excimer laser to change the curvature of the cornea (outer window of the eye). LASIK has quickly become the procedure of choice for most patients because they recover quickly and have fewer side effects and complications than with other methods of vision correction. In fact, most LASIK patients notice a significant improvement in their vision soon after surgery. LASIK removes tissue within the cornea to treat low to high levels of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
- Nearsightedness, also known as myopia, is a common type of refractive error where close objects appear clearly, but distant objects appear blurry. Nearsightedness develops in eyes that focus images in front of the retina instead of on the retina, which causes blurred vision. This occurs when the eyeball becomes too long and prevents incoming light from focusing directly on the retina. It can also be caused by an abnormal shape of the cornea or lens.
- Farsightedness, or hyperopia s a vision condition in which distant objects are usually seen clearly, but close ones do not come into proper focus. Farsightedness occurs if your eyeball is too short or the cornea has too little curvature, so light entering your eye is not focused correctly.
- Astigmatism is a vision condition that causes blurred vision due either to the irregular shape of the cornea, the clear front cover of the eye, or sometimes the curvature of the lens inside the eye. An irregular shaped cornea or lens prevents light from focusing properly on the retina, the light sensitive surface at the back of the eye. As a result, vision becomes blurred at any distance.
LASIK is for those who:
- want to reduce or eliminate their dependence on glasses or contacts
- are at least 18 years of age
- have had a stable eye prescription for at least one year
- have no health issues affecting their eyes
- have no signs of glaucoma or cataracts
Come in to one of our South Florida Offices in Aventura, Plantation, or Weston for a free LASIK consultation to see if you are a candidate. We have many financing options available in our office – just ask!